HOUSEHOLDS OF THE FIRST AGENT ORANGE VICTIMS IN THE HOUSE OF LOVE
On the morning Oct 03rd, 2020, at Bich Loc Trieu village, Trieu Long commune, Trieu Phong district, Quang Tri province, The Charity Club Warm With Love organized the hand over and donate ceremony of “Gratitude houses for agent orange victim family” for the household of Ms. Nguyen Thi Nau, the most difficult and unhappy Agent Orange victim family in this poor village.
Right from the alley, the members of the club have thoughtfully prepared for the ceremony.
Attending the Hand over and Donate Ceremony of “Gratitude houses for agent orange victim family” were present by:
- Mr. Le Van Dang – Vice President of Association for People with Disabilities, Victims of Agent Orange/dioxin, Support of Vietnamese Disability in Quang Tri province.
- Mr. Nguyen Xuan Tu – Deputy Head of Department of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs of Trieu Phong district.
- Mr. Tran Duc Nhu – President of Association for People with Disabilities, Victims of Agent Orange/dioxin, Support of Vietnamese Disability in Trieu Phong district.
- Mr. Nguyen Quang Binh – Vice Chairman of the Association of People with Disabilities, Orange Victims, Sponsoring People with Disabilities in Trieu Phong district.
- Mr. Nguyen Con – Standing Member, Deputy Secretary of the Party Committee of the commune.
- Ms. Nguyen Thi Thanh Ha – President of The Communal Viet Nam Fatherland Front.
- Mr. Vo Thanh Liem – Party Cell Secretary of Bich Loc Trieu village.
- Nguyen Hoang – Head of Bich Loc Trieu village.
- Le Ba Dang – Representative of Village Front.
- Contractor and representatives from The Charity Club Warm With Love.
Attending the ceremony of giving the first house of the program “House of gratitude for victims of Agent Orange 2020” with the participation of representatives from all levels of local departments.
House of gratitude was given to Mrs. Nguyen Thi Nau. A lonely 77-year-old woman relies on a meager allowance of VND 810,000 / month to support 2 severely mentally ill son and daughter. Especially the son, who suffers from severe schizophrenia, often wanders and used to get lost in Saigon. After found and brought him back, she was forced to let him live in a dark locked room and all activities are in an area of 1-2 m² which is humid and unhygienic. Her house is rickety, ramshackle, leaky and moldy, causing the wall to be seriously damaged and in danger of collapsing at any time.
In that situation, The Charity Club Warm With Love quickly conducted a technical survey and agreed to approve the documents to build a gratitude house to help Ms. Nau’s family soon rebuild strong house to stabilize their life with the total budget from the Club’s fund is over 100 million VND, commenced on the morning of August 18th, 2020.
Ms. Nguyen Thi Nau happily received the key to open the new house.
Everything was prepared for the ceremony to put the first house of gratitude into use.
Club representatives with Ms. Nguyen Thi Nau lit a simple housewarming incense for the house of gratitude.
Club representatives take a commemorative photo with Ms. Nau.
Club members take pictures with the full family of Ms. Nguyen Thi Nau.
In addition, the club also provides monthly living expenses for Ms. Nguyen Thi Nau’s family, from September 2020 to December 2021 with 1,000,000 VND/month, totaling 16 million VND. Hopefully with this support, the whole family of Ms. Nau will be able to cover and overcome difficulties in life.
Mr. Nguyen Minh Thuan – Club member personally donated one million VND in cash to Mrs. Nau’s family.
Mr. Nguyen Gia Tri Tin – Club member personally donated one million VND in cash to Mrs. Nau’s family.
Club representatives donate monthly living expenses to Ms. Nguyen Thi Nau’s family, from September 2020 to December 2021 a total of 16 million VND.
Since now, Mrs. Nau’s family has had a solid, and clean house, which is also a precious comfort for her.
Ms. Nau’s family is the first family to receive a gratitude home under the program “GRATITUDE HOUSES FOR AGENT ORANGE VICTIMS 2020”.
Representatives of the local departments at all levels as well as members of the club hope that from here on, her family’s life will be less strenuous when she has a peaceful place to live.
The household of Ms. Nguyen Thi Nau is also the first household to receive the help of the program “GRATITUDE HOUSES FOR AGENT ORANGE VICTIMS 2020” that the charity club Warm Love is focused on implementing. Thereby, the club wishes to show the spirit of mutual love, mutual love, and healthy leaves to protect the torn leaves for families who are attached by “orange pain”.
The Charity Club Warm With Love.